The Next Generation of Flooring
Did you know that Concrete has become the new flooring material of choice for designers and homeowners across the United States? Concrete floors are popping up everywhere. Retail stores, restaurants, offices, building, plants, institutions, homes and patios everywhere. Concrete flooring is a very versitile product and acid-stained, painted, overlays, microtoppings, radiant floors, or orther unique personal floors made from concrete materials mean that concrete floors can offer you a range unlike any other material. Concrete flooring, cement flooring and any number of names is not just gray anymore. As you have seen, coloring concrete or applying textures, patterns, saw cuts and the like will add a new life to this traditional substrate.
Benefits of Polished Concrete Flooring:
- If cost is a factor in you home, business, or institution, concrete floors are very affordable, compared to other flooring options. Installing a decorative concrete floor can be quite cost-effective, particularly if you already have a concrete slab that’s ready for staining, polishing or application of a coating or overlay.
- Extend the life of your floor. By installing a very basic concrete floor has a comparable price tag to linoleum, vinyl, ceramic tile or carpet. While a more complex concrete floor design will run you about the same or slightly less than marble, granite, slate, or high-end wood. Floor lifetime costs are very low because they require little upkeep and last for years.
- Concrete flooring is very easy on maintenance. A properly sealed concrete floor can be cleaned with a quick pass of a dust mop. For the occasional deep clean a neutral cleaner and water can be used. The frequency of maintenance depends on the amount of traffic the floor receives.
- Restaurants and businesses can easily extend maintenance options by using a floor wax in addition to a sealer to further protect from abrasion in high traffic areas
- Concrete polished flooring is visibility in simple art. Whether floors melt into the design, or enhance with color and design, having a choice is simple. Your options are truly unlimited
- Polished concrete flooring will enhance the integrity of architect’s designs
- Polished concrete flooring is extremely easy to change, and can be considered a sales option when you sell. It’s easy to place carpet or wood on top of the concrete slab
- Concrete floors that are polished are great in regions with a lot of sand or snow
- Polished concrete floors are a great alternative to carpet if you have allergies. In this Southwest Region of the country, pollens abound and there are those who need all the help they can get when it comes to pollen prevention
- Leeds Certified Green Flooring can be concrete*
*Concrete itself can be a large contributor to obtaining LEED certification, but so can the decorative finishes used to give concrete its endless color and design options. The growth in the popularity of sustainable building has driven the decorative concrete industry to develop products that not only fit the “green” building trend, but also give designers, architects and homeowners more ways to incorporate colorful and artistic elements into their designs while earning LEED credits. Here we discuss how specific decorative concrete finishes can contribute, directly or indirectly, toward obtaining LEED certification
For over 30 years, Keith Clay at Clay Floors in Dallas has been offering a variety of cost effective solutions and low maintenance commercial and residential flooring to suit our clients needs. These needs vary ranging from large scale warehouses to detailed architectural designs with superior attention to detail. As a professional craftsman in the flooring industry, our skilled staff knows floors. Transformation of your home, patio, business, building entryway, institution and manufacturing facilities have never been so easy and Clay Floors is here to serve our community.
Services we offer include:
- Polished Concrete
- Floor Coatings
- Joint Filling
- Floor Preparation
- Floor Restoration
Durability and low maintenance on your polished concrete custom flooring, means Clay Floors can transform your floors where you live, work and play including:
- All Types Of Home & Outdoor Concrete Polishing
- All Types Of Recreational and Living Spaces
- Corporate Facilities
- Museums and Public Buildings
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities
- Retail Spaces
- Faith-Based and Religious Facilities
Serving the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, Keith Clay Floors invites you to give us a call to discuss what floor polishing options best suits your needs. Mobile concrete polishing services can be accomplished with or without the acid stain process to create a highly polished shine. Concrete floors can even be honed down to expose the aggregate within the concrete, often creating dramatic textured looks with polished.
Keith Clay has been in business for 30 years serving Dallas, Frisco, Plano, Richardson and all Dallas Metroplex suburbs. We know floors and can answer any questions you may have. If you want the best job from a company of professionals, call us today. 972-463-6604.
Photos by: (Randl Bye Photography) Mid Centruy Project Home Philadelphia architects Carroll, Grisdale & Van Alen